Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Wife

As Father's Day is wrapping up, I can't help but think about how the task of being a father has been so much easier because of my wife. So here are ten things you may or may not know about Larissa Jane Cook.

1. She loves people. I have never in my life met someone who invests their feelings into people that she knows personally or simply reads about. She wants people's lives to be filled with joy and she fills my life with joy because of it.

2. She has a memory like no other. Ask her what happened when she was 18 months old and she will have at least 10 stories guaranteed.

3. She has an amazing eye for anything artistic. I am constantly amazed by the projects that she makes up or finds and how well she executes them.

4. She is THE best gift giver. Whenever I feel like I've gotten her a stellar gift, she can blow mine away with the most simple, thoughtful and amazing things. It sucks. But not really.

5. She can be shy until you get to know her a little better. Then she will just make you laugh until you pee a little. Personal experience serves as proof for this statement.

6. The Chicago Bears, Chicago Bulls, Atlanta Braves, North Carolina Tarheels and Florida Gators are her favorite sports teams. Don't ask her about this though because she acts like it isn't true.

7. She could write a book and it would probably get published and go on to be a NY Times best seller. Once again, I have proof. Lalaalovely.blogspot.com

(The first post you will see at the time of this blog is the reason I am writing this post. I would like to pretend that I am super creative but I am just a thief.)

8. She has a good singing voice but never tries when I am listening. I have listened when she is unaware though and I can attest to her abilities. It annoys me because when Maddox grows up, we could be some kind of famous band like Hanson. I mean, who doesn't want to be like Hanson!?

9. She loves Africa. She also loves other impoverished countries, but Africa has a special place in her heart. This is convenient because it also has a special place in my heart. Watching her love on the children and people of Ethiopia has been one of the most tremendous things to see. She will forever be many of those children's hero and she will forever be mine.

10. She is the best mother and wife. There is no debating this with me. If you feel the need, move along. She is the woman who will wake up countless times during the night even when our baby boy is sleeping soundly to make sure she can hear or feel a breath. She is the woman who waits on the front porch for me when I am getting home from work. She is the woman who always encourages me to pursue my passions. She is the woman who follows Jesus with me. She is the woman who will love our children no matter what. She is the woman who I will spend forever with and that just makes me the happiest man in the world. 

I love you Larissa Jane.

3 comments:

  1. awww thats sooo swweet of your guys for doing this for each other, i didnt think larissa is shy at all when i first meet ya guys an month ago!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me tear up ;) beautifully written ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EPC.

    You did not.

    Gosh dang. I love you.

    But let me tell you something (BACON......IS GOOD FOR ME) the Chicago bears are not my favorite team. You might be confused because I can name their entire starting lineup including their height, weight and college (John smith, BYU). But.

    I just love you. You and your sweet ways of writing lists to tell the world how much you love me. I almost wrote men just there and laughed a little because duh.

    Maddox and I are the luckiest. Mostly Maddox because he has TWO parents that literally love the shit out of him (just check the laundry) but me next because you are so good to me.

    Ten stories, guaranteed. I think it's more like 25. At least my stories are like (mostly) new. My dad has a rotation. We've got getting drunk and hunting, Disney world, South Dakota trip, San Diego trip, you kids..., when we were first married I carried 72 beers but couldn't buy a 1932 roadster. BAAAHSTIN.

    Okay this comment is out of control. WHO WANTS TO BE MY FRIENDDDD? Look out ev dog, I'm gonna wake you up with my beautiful singing voice and you'll be sorry!

    Xoxoxoxo
    Happy Father's Day, my love. You are the best dad. To every single one of our babies: born, not born, African, white and fur. I love you.

    ReplyDelete